- â81-â82 New York Islanders (54-16-10, 118 points (1st in Patrick), STANLEY CHAMPIONS)
- â80-â81 New York Islanders (48-18-14, 110 points (1st in Patrick), STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS)
- â82-â83 New York Islanders (42-26-12, 96 points (2nd in Patrick), STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS)
- â79-â80 New York Islanders (39-28-13, 91 points (2nd in Patrick), STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS)
- â83-â84 New York Islanders (50-26-4, 104 points (1st in Patrick), Lost in Stanley Cup Final)
- â78-â79 New York Islanders (51-15-14, 116 points (1st in Patrick), Lost in Semifinal)
- â75-â76 New York Islanders (42-21-17, 101 points (2nd in Patrick), Lost in Semifinal)
- â76-â77 New York Islanders (47-21-12, 106 points (2nd in Patrick), Lost in Semifinal)
The ’78-’79 New York Islanders were the 8th seed in the inaugural Ultimate NHL Playoff. They had a Bye in the First Round before they defeated the 25th-seeded ’05-’06 Ottawa Senators in five games in the Second Round. However, their tournament came to an end in the Third Round when they lost in six games to the hated, 9th-seeded ’71-’72 New York Rangers.
Players to Watch:
- F – Bryan Trottier – Simply selected the top three in scoring in the franchises history, but all three are some of the best to ever play the game. Trottier posted 1,353 points in 1,123 games as an Islander.
- F – Mike Bossy – One of the best goal scorers ever finished with 1,126 points in just 752 games for the Islanders and scored 573 goals.
- D – Denis Potvin – Only Trottier posted more assists in an Islanders jersey as Potvin totaled 310 goals, 752 assists and 1,052 points in 1,060 games.